Friday, May 27, 2011

Look familiar?

I stumbled on a series of adverts from Europe late last year as you do. This was before Econet had released their Econet Broadband campaign through Rubicon SA. The resemblance was quite striking. Now I ain't no rocket scientist but I'm sure that this was not coincidental. Let us avoid been copy cats people if possible.

I believe Rubicon was paid to be creative, not paid to regurgitate a previous a idea... even giving a fresh spin to the concept would have been cool. This wasn't the case.




2 comments:

  1. Damn, this reminds me of the whole Beyonce performance rip she did of some Italian performer. Unfortunately this is quite common even as the world as a whole becomes smaller through the internet the lack of quick turn around concerning legal actions and consequence makes things such as this painfully commonplace.

    ReplyDelete